Payroll Year End isn’t the end of the world
with Sage One Payroll!
If your business has employees then you need to run a series of tasks to seal off the tax year which ends on 5th April. This is known as your Payroll Year End and broadly consists of the following tasks:
1. Sending your final Full Payment Submission (FPS) of the tax year to HMRC by 5th April (or by 19 April if you’re correcting an error)
2. Updating your employee payroll records by 6th April
3. Updating your payroll software with new tax year legislation by 6th April (although Sage One Payroll is automatically updated for you)
4. Providing your employees with a P60 by 31st May
5. Reporting employee expenses and benefits to HMRC by 6th July
Download our free guide
Sage One Guide to Payroll Year End 2014/2015 (.PDF, 267KB)
Visit our Online Help Centre
For more detailed guidance on how to process your Payroll Year End in Sage One Payroll visit our free Online Help Centre at http://help.sageone.com/uk/payroll/pye.html
Topics covered include:
* Registering your Government Gateway credentials
* Checking if you have an extra pay run
* Processing leavers
* Enter the last working day for any employees who have left your employment
* How to finish processing payroll
* Processing any advance holiday pay and the final pay run
* Submitting your Full Payment Submission (FPS) for the last pay run
* Submitting a monthly/quarterly Employer Payment Summary (EPS), if necessary
* Running the year end
* Reviewing your employees’ pay values
* Submitting the final EPS of the Year
* P60 End of Year Certificates
* Starting the new tax year
* Updating Employee Tax Codes
* Claiming small employer relief
* Claiming the £2,000 NIC Employment Allowance
Book onto a free webinar
Throughout March and April we’re hosting a series of free webinars demonstrating how easy it is to process your Payroll Year End in Sage One Payroll. These are all listed now on our ‘Book a webinar page‘.
Try Sage One for free!
If you’re looking for low-cost software that makes payroll legislation easy, sign up for a free 30 day trial of the 5 employee version of Sage One Payroll now by clicking on the link below, or go to http://uk.sageone.com/payroll/ for the 10 or 15 employee version.