Over 100 people came together last night to celebrate the ‘Sage Northern Star Awards 2015‘ at Newcastle City Library.
Organised, sponsored and judged by Newcastle City Council, Sage, The Prince’s Trust and local enterprise agencies PNE Group and TEDCO, the event was created to champion and celebrate the determination, passion and enthusiasm of young entrepreneurs aged 18-30 across the North East.
There were 6 awards up for grabs with 3 businesses shortlisted for each. The winners were:
* ‘Innovative Business of the Year’ (sponsored by Sage) = Amy Fetiss (For Your Inspiration)
* ‘Digital Business of the Year’ (sponsored by Go Digital Newcastle) = Chloe Hall (Bumble & Bloom Media)
* ‘New Business of the Year’ (sponsored by TEDCO) = Michael Carling & Simon Coward (Iglouu)
* ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year’ (sponsored by PNE Enterprise) = Joanna Wake (RAW Digital Training)
* ‘Broke Through a Barrier’ (sponsored by The Prince’s Trust) = Niyc Pidgeon (Optimall You)
* ‘Young Business Person of the Year’ = Kayley Smith (Sweet Tooth Delivery)
Sage Northern Star Awards winners (L-R) – Joanna Wake, Kayley Smith, Chloe Hall, Simon Coward, Niyc Pidgeon, Michael Carling, Amy Fettis. Photo by @stevebrockphoto
Niyc Pidgeon (Optimall You) with James Beard (Sage). Photo by @stevebrockphoto
Geoff Phillips (Head of SSB Marketing at Sage) added: “Although Sage is now a global company helping millions of small businesses around the world, our headquarters are still based in Newcastle and we remain committed and loyal to the city and wider North East region. Our success is testament to the fact that anyone with a good idea, hard work ethic and the right support around them can make their dreams come true which is why we wanted to lend our support to the Northern Star Awards as both sponsors and judges.”