By Neilson Watts (Product Manager, Sage One Payroll).
As a cloud-based / SaaS product, we’re able to provide regular legislative updates to our Sage One Payroll software, as well as new features and improvements, throughout the year.
Our latest round of updates (released on 14th January) relate to helping your business comply with Automatic Enrolment of Workplace Pensions after your ‘Staging Date’ and include:
* Automatically assessing each employee automatic enrolment status every time they are paid
* Automatically applying the default workplace pension scheme to eligible job holders
* The ability to postpone auto enrolment, for either the entire business or individuals, for up to 3 months
* Enabling eligible job-holders to opt-out of the workplace pension
* Letting non-eligible jobholders and entitled workers opt into / join the workplace pension scheme
* The option of making additional voluntary contributions to the workplace pension
* Keeping track of pension contribution payments to the pension provider
* The ability to post pension deductions and payment journals to Sage One Accounts to track the pension liability
* Sending automatic enrolment communications to your employees
* Keeping an audit trail and resending any automatic enrolment communications