On Friday 9th January 2015, Sage and Google are joining forces to help support #MicroBizMattersDay by broadcasting a series of live Google+ Hangout interviews with micro business owners and enterprise champions from one of Google’s offices in London.
(You can see the full schedule of Google+ Hangouts taking place on 9th January here).
#MicroBizMattersDay is the brainchild of Tony Robinson OBE and Tina Boden who are co-founders of Enterprise Rockers, the world’s largest, fully-independent and informal ‘network of networks’ for micro enterprise (0-9 employees) owners anywhere.
The purpose of the day is to encourage everyone who works for themselves, their suppliers and customers to take concrete actions for at least 9 minutes on 9th January that will make life better for other micro business owners everywhere.
This could involve one or all of the following:
1. Spending money with at least one independent retailer/coffee shop/food establishment on 9th January
2. Spending at least 9 minutes helping another micro business owner with an idea or offer of collaboration on 9th January
3. Providing at least 9 minutes of free mentoring or training to a micro business owner or group of them on 9th January
4. Tweeting about a micro business you like with a link to their website, including their Twitter handle and the #MicroBizMattersDay hashtag in the days building up to 9th Jan and on the day itself
5. Clicking on all the social sharing icons to the left or bottom of this blog to help spread the word about #MicroBizMattersDay
6. Following all the #MicroBizMattersDay Tweets and Retweeting any that you like to your Followers
8. Organising your own #MicroBizMattersDay event and sharing photos or videos on Twitter
9. Anything else you can think of to support micro businesses on 9th January 2015 and beyond
Tony Robinson, who received his OBE for services to small firms in 2001, says: “These tiny drops in the ocean will create a tsunami of micro business improvement through ‘The Power of Plenty’ – the power unleashed when many micro business owners take actions to help each other in a concerted way.”
Tina Boden, who has run her own businesses for 25 years and is a micro business specialist, says: “The Enterprise Rockers movement has achieved a great deal to help the self-employed to survive and thrive, but much more can be achieved if thousands of people give at least nine minutes of positive, helpful actions on one day each year.”
If you’re a journalist or blogger, we’d love your help spreading the word about #MicroBizMattersDay before 9th Jan and reporting about it during / after the day. You can find out more on the http://microbizmattersday.rocks website.
To arrange an interview with Tony Robinson OBE, Tina Boden or someone from Sage, please email Marlin PR at firstname.lastname@example.org