1. Hi Claire, could you please give me a brief summary of who you are, the name of your business and what you do?
Hi my name is Claire Crumpton and I own Danesmoor House Day Nursery in Darlington with my husband Adrian. We have places for 65 children between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years of age, as well as a before and after school club up to the age of 11.
2. How many people are in your business? Is it just you or do you have business partners / employees?
We employ a total of 22 staff, both part time and full time.
3. How long have you been using Sage One Accounts Extra? How were you managing your finances beforehand? Why did you change?
We have only been using Sage One Accounts Extra for almost 2 months now. Previously we used my own spread sheets but as the nursery had grown and become more successful, we found that we needed a system to help manage our growing customer base more effectively.
4. What do you like best about Sage One Accounts Extra?
I love the way Sage One Accounts Extra is able to reconcile all the entries from your bank statements, making sure none are missed, and able to match them to each of your customers, then providing up-to-date balance sheets for everyone.
(Editor: Since publishing this interview we have added free bank feeds to Sage One which means your accounts are automatically updated each day, removing the need for manual data entry and giving you an even more accurate overview of your cash flow).
Also, preparing invoices and having the option to email them straight to our customers is perfect. Having the 24 hour helpline has been brilliant and no question was too much trouble. The team at Sage have been wonderful.
5. What advice would you give to someone starting out in business / following in your footsteps?
Research your market place before you start out and determine where the true demand lies, not just where you think it will be. Also, getting an accounts package such as Sage One from the outset will make things much easier in the long run.
Easy online accounts and payroll software
If you’d like to manage your business finances better, we have a range of low-cost, easy-to-use accounts and payroll software which you can buy now or take a free 30 day trial of at http://uk.sageone.com/products/.