Instead of us just telling you how good we are, we asked Michael Hopkins, Director of H-TYNE Synergy to tell us what he thinks of our cloud-based Sage One Accounts software.
1. Hi Michael, could you please give me a brief summary of who you are, what you do and the name of your business?
Since January 2009, we have provided business development consultancy services to businesses across the UK with the aim of maximising business performance. My role focuses upon all elements of starting up and growing a business.
2. How many people are in your business? Is it just you or do you have business partners / employees?
There are currently 9 of us working for H-TYNE Synergy. We have just expanded our team so that we now have team members based in Shanghai as well as Newcastle who have a great knowledge and understanding of the local business environment.
3. What do you like best about Sage One?
Having looked into the challenges faced in co-ordinating the two teams we have adopted Sage One Accounts to bring greater efficiency and effectiveness in the co-ordination of our accounting. Sage One delivers a great package for us in simplifying our in-house process – it’s been a fantastic change.
4. What advice would you give to someone starting out in business / following in your footsteps?
Having liaised with regional and national businesses at a senior level on a daily basis, I would highlight the following 5 points of business advice in achieving success and delivering sustainable growth.
- Business is the Vision & Execution of Ideas. Aims & Ambitions – What are they? Are they Achievable? How do you achieve them?
- Foundations of success: Planning, Reaseach, Analysis – Make sure you know your market! Understand what your clients and customers want and expect from you. Why should they use your product or service instead of the competition? Where do you have the edge in delivering added value?
- Business Planning for growth – The Plan Should be the effective communication of ideas and method. Use the knowledge gained from the feedback collected from carrying out the research to understand the best route to market. Demonstrate the expertise behind your planned method that will deliver the best solution to the market sector in the most cost effective and efficient way to achieve growth.
- Get the people right – Great businesses need great people. Bringing the correct people together to deliver their core skills in a positive and open team framework is a core element of any business – we all have different skills. Creating a positive enovironment where they take ownership of the services they help deliver as a significant and positive impact.
- Control the Contollables – Understand what you do well and execute it.